The 11th annual Rogue Valley Business Resource Fair is being held on Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 9am to 2pm at the RCC SOU Higher Education Center (HEC) in Medford. Admission is free and is an educational event (not a sales event or trade show).
There will be two tracks with multiple sessions happening at the same time:
- Track 1: Start-up/Sole Proprietor
- Track 2: In Business
Track 1 – Start-up/Sole Proprietor sessions:
- Evaluating whether you are ready to open your doors for business.
- Hiring your first employee.
- Lean start-up and financing.
- Basic bookkeeping and Taxes
- Marketing on a shoestring budget (this is presented by Joan McBee, marketing professor at SOU, and will be a good one).
- Small business insurance solutions
Track 2 – In Business sessions:
- Doing business on the internet. Classic & valuable presentation by Jim Teece.
- Information regarding the Affordable Health Care Act.
- Google Analytics
- Social Media
- Internet tools for growing your business.
- How to run your business by the numbers.
- Computer systems management.